eFTP USB stick Installation
- Install Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version from 1.4 on your computer.
- Create "jre" directory on your USB stick
- Copy directories "bin" and "lib" from your JRE installation to the just created directory on memorystick
That will enable you to start the Application on Windows systems without JRE preinstalled. But you can still start the ftp-client.jar file under other operation systems with JRE preinstalled. And you can repeat this operation for other operation systems - simply choose another directory on memorystick. Make sure that your operation system supports the file system on USB stick.
- Copy ftp-client.jar or ftp-client.exe to directory of your choice *
- Use following command line (you may create a batch file under memorystick root) to start the Application:
/jre/bin/java -Dswing.defaultlaf=com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsLookAndFeel -Xms64m -jar /[directory of your choice]/ftp-client.jar
- The first parameter order Java Virtual Machine to use WindowsLookAndFeel, you may omit this parameter
- The second parameter allocates 64 Mb of the memory for Application. (in case your machine is not equipt with a large RAM you may omit this parameter.)